Thursday, November 12, 2009

First follow up visit with Orthotist today about CRO!

Today was our first follow-up / adjustment visit at the Orthotist’s office. The CRO is really leaving a red mark on my right forehead, so the orthotist shaved some of the foam out to try and help. They are always very nice and good to me. We were in and out pretty quick. I adjusted pretty well to the CRO. Mommy and Daddy followed the schedule and I am now wearing it 23 hours per day. I sleep fine and seem to not even realize it is there. I think it affects my parents more than me. Everywhere we go now people are staring at me, wondering “Oh my, I wonder what is wrong with that beautiful baby?” I’m just fine folks. Please try to see past the helmet and don’t prejudge me because of it. After our appointment, we went to Target to get letters to spell my name on my CRO. Maybe that way, people would realize, I’m just a baby girl named Alexandra. Not a baby girl that wears a helmet that they have to avoid!

No comments:

Post a Comment