Friday, October 16, 2009

Visited the Orthotist today for my STARband helmet.

Visited DeLatorre today and all I can say is "Oye Ve!" (I am not sure what that means), but this had to be my most emotional day ever. We met the orthotist and he measured my head in all different directions. I didn't really want to sit still for that, but I cooperated. (somewhat) Then, as if that wasn't enough, he put material that you make a cast out of on my head. This was to make the impression of my head so that Orthomerica could manufacture my new STARband. This "helmet" is to restrict growth of my head where it is already grown and allow it to grow in spots where it has not. I didn't like the process much, but on a lighter side, I said "Mama" for the first time. The "nice lady" at the front desk told mommy and daddy they would send the claim in to my insurance company to see if it was covered. If not, we would have to pay half the cost up front and make payments on the remaining balance. Mommy and Daddy chose a nice butterfly design for my helmet and were told that I would have to wear it 23 hours a day to get the most correction. Helmet due to arrive on 10/30. Halloween, what a nice costume? Aren't people gonna look at me funny? Stare at me?

No comments:

Post a Comment